Home | Official Opening | Photos | MacDonald Farm | Highland Society

Wilsons Point is a site with great significance to the history of Miramichi. Many of the earliest English speaking settlers lived and were buried in this area and it holds the history of our Scottish ancestors.

click to enlarge

The Scottish Heritage Association has been working to preserve the history of this area, and have restored the original gravesites & walking trails, installed a wharf, and built an interpretive center.



  • Site of Early Scottish Settlement circa 1765
  • Historic Scottish Cemetery where many of the earliest Miramichi settlers are buried
  • Historic Church and Ferry Sites


Interpretive Centre

The Interpretive Centre built in 2004-05 is a model of the first Presbyterian Church, St. James, built at Wilsons Point in 1791.



Wilsons Point - At The Enclosure
8 Enclosure Road, Derby Junction
Junction Hwys 8 and 108